IML is an acronym of In-mold Labeling. It’s a decoration process which combines both product and a label, making them one product. The traditional IML entails placing the desired label inside a mold => clapping => injection melting resin => Melting resin fuses with the inner side of the label => after cooling the injection part and the label are ejected as one piece.
Over the years various types of in-mold-Labeling processes appeared. However, the most exciting once were created by Global Roto Sheka, the pioneers of the IML industry using lamination. GRS specializes in unique finishers, working with large sized products and developing special labels for various uses.
We specialize in using lamination in our digital IML application which is suited for materials in various shapes and sizes in any injection resin: PP, PE, PS, ABS, SAN, PC, PA 6, PA 12, and many others.
The end product can become highly durable, UV resistant, approved to food contact, scratch resistant and more. This is achieved thanks to advanced lamination which we combine in our IML process. Global Roto Sheka is the only company in the industry to achieve a successful combination of IML and lamination.
Global Roto IML solutions include:
- Metallic IML Aluminum FOIL – an IML development which takes a plastic container and gives it a look and feel of stainless steel.
- Durable IML – Is a label which makes any surface durable. The label can be applied to large variety of products, for example, plate or tray and make it approved to food contact, can be used in a dishwasher, scratch resistant, chemical durable and more.
- Cork IML – An IML which includes wrapping natural cork around a plastic objects of various shapes and sizes.
- 3D textured IML – A revolutionary development from Global Roto Sheka. With this innovative label manufacturers can change the injected part texture finisher. includes wood, stone, granite, etc. without the need to engrave new mold. This finisher gives both the look and feel of the selected material
Using our solutions and IML developments, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Perfect decoration with different finishers.
- Colors, textures and effects create a unique look and feel.
- IML made with raw materials (includes, inks, varnishes, adhesives and films) all approved for direct food contact by EU and FDA regulations.
- Products suitable for microwave and dishwasher use.
- Price reduction in raw materials.
- Injection gate – Resistance against injection points.
- Fully recyclable products.
- Fast adaptation to changes if needed.
- Our advanced IML process allows us to copy features of materials such as stone and wood and burn them onto a plastic item, making them resemble the material with both touch and feel.
- Large variety of quality finishers for your product, making it look exquisite and exclusive
Global Roto Sheka is the leading company in the IML industry, we have been the driving force of the industry for over three decades. Contact us today and learn how we can help you.
Your challenges, our solutions